Purna Yoga College
Learn the Lineage & Become a Yoga Teacher
Imagine teaching a yoga class… You move around the room with confidence, giving each student individual attention and guidance. One student came in with whiplash – you give him specific poses to keep him safe and help him heal.
Across the room, another student kicks up into headstand unassisted – for the first time ever. She’s all smiles and excitement.
If you’ve never taught yoga before, you can’t imagine how rewarding it can be. There’s nothing that quite matches the good feeling of helping another human being live a happy, healthy, pain-free life.
The 200-Hour course in Purna Yoga College® is the first step to making that dream a reality. Then the 500-Hour course takes you deeper… gives you more tools for helping your students… gives you the confidence of knowing you’re one of the best teachers out there.
At the 200-Hour level, you gain the knowledge, confidence and awareness that is essential for becoming an alignment-based yoga teacher. The course covers the foundational curriculum of Purna Yoga—alignment-based asana and pranayama, Heartfull® Meditation, nutrition and applied yogic philosophy. The foundational curriculum explores:
• Anatomy and physiology of asana and pranayama
• The benefits and contraindications of asana, and the use of props
• How to deal with students’ injuries and health conditions
• Ancient and evolutionary yoga philosophy to deepen your life experience
• Delivery, presentation and class control
• Nutrition and a yogic lifestyle
• Ethics, business, and the professional and energetic boundaries of teaching
Plan to delve into
the wellsprings of your inspiration to teach yoga,
and into your heart, bringing forth the teacher within.
In this course, expectations are higher and living yoga is the goal. In the end, you will emerge confident enough to hold the mantle of a Purna Yoga Instructor. You will learn:
- The Foundational Curriculum
- Additional asana and sequences
- Therapeutic applications
- How to teach Heartfull Meditation
- The holistic approach to business
Prerequisites: You must have completed a 200-Hour Teacher Training from a Yoga Alliance Registered School. Further information and prerequisites online at PurnaYoga.com.
PURNA YOGA COLLEGE
Learn more about the college of true genuine professional teachers and yoga studies.PURNAYOGA.COM